A whisky sour might be created with various kinds of whisky, together with scotch whisky, bourbon, Canadian rye and Japanese whiskies.
The frequent use of bourbon is each a results of the drink’s historic roots in America, and since the wealthy vanilla and caramel flavours imparted from the charred bourbon barrels are properly suited to the citrusy notes present in a bitter.
Nonetheless don’t let frequent approaches restrict your creativity and exploration on this traditional serve.
A single malt will impress its personal character; if there was one important, golden rule to observe in making a whisky bitter–and certainly, for creating any cocktail or drink– it’s that high quality is integral.
As with every traditional serve, the chances are infinite. Steadiness is at all times key for the whisky bitter, so it could take a little bit of experimentation with the sweetness to acidity to spirit for every totally different whisky earlier than you strike the proper chord and discover the ratios that be just right for you.
We recommend The Macallan 12 Years Old Tripple Cask for making a great Whisky Sour.
Recipe Whisky Sour
- 6 cl Macallan 12 Years Old Tripple Cask
- 4 cl fresh lemon juice
- 2 cl Sugar syrup
- 4 ice cubes
- optional egg white
Preparation Whisky Sour
- Put all ingredients without ice into a cocktail shaker and shake for 15 seconds.
- Add the ice cubes to the other ingredients in the shaker and shake again for 15 seconds.
- Strain the contents of the shaker into a the glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a slice of orange and a cocktail cherry.